Feb 13, 2010

Coloring Terra Cotta Pot

I was at Michael's and noticed the patio paint... and got an idea to paint some pots I had at home.  I figured I could create some cricut stencils and paint an orchid pot I had. So I bought orange and fuchsia paint to complement the flower of the orchid.

 



 I got home and made a flower swirl and hibiscus stencil.  I used some clear contact paper to place the flower swirl on the pot since it had some small details.   Here is the finished orange swirl, after putting 2 coats of paint.

 
I let it dry for about 5 minutes before removing the stencil.   I tried the fuchsia color with the hibiscus stencil. 

 

The results are pretty and something else I could possibly use for my wedding decor!

Enjoy the weekend, I will be doing some more etching for my future-mother-in-law!!! I am creating some glasses for her. I will post pics once I complete them.
 


1 comment:

  1. Looks good, anxious to see the glasses.
    You do keep yourself busy.

    ReplyDelete